Massacre in Sousse, Tunisia.
It is claimed that at least 37 people have been killed and dozens wounded in an apparentl jihadist massacre conducted with automatic weapons against a beach and resort area in Sousse. a popular site for Western tourists. There did seem to be issues with the veracity of the massacre in Tunis earlier this year but there is every chance this event took place and so it will be assumed to have taken place until compelling evidence appears to indicate otherwise.
The attack was apparently conducted by two gunmen, who began at the beach before moving onto the Imperial Hotel according to this account from the Guardian
“Witnesses reported that gunmen opened fire on the beach between the Soviva and Imperial Marhaba hotels. Officials said one gunman had been shot dead but there are unconfirmed reports that another may be on the run.”
This report is from AP via the Guardian
“Rafik Chelli, one of Tunisia’s top security officials, told Mosaique FM that the gunman shot by security forces after attacking a Tunisian beach resort was unknown to authorities. From AP:”Witnesses reported that gunmen opened fire on the beach between the Soviva and Imperial Marhaba hotels. Officials said one gunman had been shot dead and another was on the run. There were unconfirmed local reports that the second gunman had been surrounded. Chelli said the man, from the city of Kairouan, came from the beach hiding his Kalashnikov under an umbrella before opening fire on the tourists. From there he entered the Hotel Imperial through the pool, shooting people as he went.”
“Chelli said there were many foreigners among the victims but he did not have an exact count of the nationalities.
He said authorities had a plan to protect the hotels during the month of Ramadan but this was an isolated operation that is difficult to counter against and there is never zero risk.”
Western tourists are apparently among the dead with reports of Belgian, Irish, British and French casualties along with many Tunisians, not that the national identity of terror victims matters at all, but it is what determines the degree of Western media interest in a story nad also points to the likely motive for the attack.
This appears to be an horrendous massacre . This is clearly an economic attack against Tunisia with echoes of the Luxor massacre in Egypt in 1997, Mumbai in 2008 and so many others. Tunisia is a target for destabilisation and there is little doubt that this attack will be claimed by an affiliate of the IS group, presumably the Libyan wing, which is trained by among others one of America’s favourite Salafi jihadists, Abdelhakim Belhadj who was last reported running a training camp for the North African IS wing having previously mysteriously “switched sides” at least three times.
Fighting for the West in Afghanistan, against the West as a member of an al Qaeda affiliate the LIFG (Libyan Islamic Fighting Group), switching to a key Western anti- Gaddafi ally in 2011 and now back on the “other” side in 2015.
Gunmen attack 2 tourist hotels in Tunisia, dozens killed, incl foreigners
RAW: #Tunisia terror attack, 5 Brits dead
[Tunisia: Locals frantically attend to injured tourists after deadly resort attack
Tunisia: At least 37 killed in attack on tourist resort in Sousse *GRAPHIC*
It seems as though the agents have been activated and all the proxies are being deployed in order to simply create chaos and mayhem. In addition to the Tunisia massacre and the apparent beheading in France, there was a suicide attack against a Shia Mosque in Kuwait, where political violence is extremely rare that at last report left at least 25 people dead.This has apparently already been claimed by the so called IS group. This follows similar attacks on Shia Mosques in both Saudi Arabia and Yemen in recent weeks, also during Friday prayers. To attack a Mosque during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan seems especially low and repugnant.
Shiite mosque attacked in Kuwait, ISIS claims responsibility
Kuwait: Aftermath of Shia mosque bombing, at least 25 dead *GRAPHIC*
Kuwait: Shia Ramadan mosque bombing kills dozens, IS claim responsibility
It has been a very big few days massacre wise for the IS group as they are claimed to have killed 143 mostly civilians in an attack on the Syrian Kurdish town of Kobani, apparently launched from Turkey.Dozens of Kurdish civilians were massacred in the operation which actually smacked of desperation. Only eight or so months ago the IS group seized most of Kobani, this was a suicidal assault that was pure nihilistic madness with no attempt to actually seize territory or achieve any conventional military goals.
The fact that the Kurdish groups receive real US air support means they are beginning to cut off the IS HQ in Syria, Raqqa, from Turkey,which will be the end of the IS group in Northern Syria if it happens. Without the access from Turkey to Raqqa and eastern Syria, the whole project begins to fall apart.
RAW: Moment car bomb explodes in Kobani in new ISIS offensive
Syria War 2015 – IS Car Bomb Explosion Inside Kurdish Town Of Kobane Captured On CCTV
Fatal terror attacks hit Tunisia, France and Kuwait, causing international condemnation